Celebrate Canada's 150th Anniversary with The Canadian Sampler - a very special block of the month pattern program brought to you by Sew Sisters!
Earlier in 2016 we invited 20 amazing Canadian designers to each design a red and white quilt block to celebrate our great nation. The designers created a 12" red and white quilt block that expressed their love for our beautiful country. They made maple leaves and flying geese, star blocks and snowflakes, inuksuit and grain elevators. They drew inspiration from the seasons, the cities they live in, and the towns they visited. They showcased Canada's beauty, strength and rich heritage. They created blocks with great care and generosity and we are honoured to bring you their beautiful work.
The Canadian Sampler has 20, 12" quilt blocks that are traditionally pieced using two colors - red and white. The skill levels required to make this quilt vary from experienced beginner to intermediate quilter. A mix of modern and traditional blocks, The Canadian Sampler comes together beautifully with a simple corner stone setting. We have used Northcott's ColorWorks Premium Solids to make this quilt. The quilt measures approximately 72" X 58".
Here's how it works:
- Starting July 2017 you will receive two patterns each month for 10 months to make two 12" quilt blocks. In the 10th month you will also receive instructions for a corner stone setting to complete your quilt top.
- Register today for $10.00.
- You can choose to pay for your patterns monthly or upfront or the whole year. If you pay upfront for the whole year we will waive the registration fee, however your patterns will be mailed out monthly. If you live in Toronto you can pick up your patterns and save on postage.
- Choose between:
- Mail Out - Monthly - $10 Registration Fee + $8.99/month (postage included)
- Mail Out - Pay Upfront - $89.99 (postage included)
- Pick up - Monthly - $10 Registration fee + $6.99/month
- Pick Up - Pay Upfront - $69.99
- USA - Monthly - $10 Registration Fee + $11.99/month (postage included)
- USA - Pay Upfront - $119.99 (postage included)
Patterns will be mailed out in the first week of each month. Please note that this is a pattern only program.
You can purchase The Canadian Sampler Kit containing the fabric you need to make The Canadian Sampler here: The Canadian Sampler Kit The kit contains fabric for the quilt top and binding. This kit will be mailed out along with your patterns for the first month in the first week of July 2017.
Check our blog, Facebook and Instagram pages to learn more about the quilt designers.
We hope you enjoy making this quilt!
Registrations for Round I of The Canadian Sampler is closed. All registrations March 1 and onward will be enrolled for Round 2 of The Canadian Sampler starting July 2017.